Sunday, February 3, 2008

Woman called 911 to complain about Burger King


In 2006, a California woman called 911 because Burger King would not make a burger her way. Here's an edited version of the 911 transcript:

Dispatcher: Sheriff’s department, how can I help you?

Woman: I’m over here at Burger King. I ordered my food three times. I asked them to make me a Western Barbeque Burger. They keep giving me a hamburger with lettuce, tomato, cheese and onions, and I’m not leaving. I want a Western Burger because I just got my kids from Tae Kwon Do, and they’re hungry.

Dispatcher: Uh-huh.

Woman: Okay. She gave me another hamburger; it’s wrong. I said four times, "I want my hamburger right.” So then the lady said, “Do you want your money back?” And I said, “No, I want my hamburger. My kids are hungry.” I said, “I am not leaving this spot,” and I said, “I will call the police,” because I want my Western Burger done right! Now is that so hard?

Dispatcher: Okay, what exactly is it you want us to do for you?

Woman: Send an officer down here.

Dispatcher: Ma’am, we’re not gonna go down there and enforce your Western Bacon Cheeseburger.

Woman: What am I supposed to do?

Dispatcher: This is between you and the manager. We’re not gonna go and enforce how to make a hamburger; that’s not a criminal issue.

Woman: So I just stand here?

Dispatcher: You need to calmly and rationally speak to the manager and figure out what to do between you.

Woman: Well that is that. You’re supposed to be here to protect me.

Dispatcher: Well, what are we protecting you from, a wrong cheeseburger?

No comments: